Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star
Although the communist insurgency has its roots as an underground movement, it is now a conventional force with military structure and weapon platforms captured from the Chernarussian government or provided by international arms dealers. This has given ChDKZ enough power to start a coup against the government.
„One man with a gun can control hundred without one.“
- V. I. Lenin
- Insurgents wear various old fatigues of Russian origin, commonly in an urban color scheme. They are armed with a variety of personal weapons, ranging from old AKMs to captured AK-74s. Anti-tank and anti-armor launchers of various types are commonly used as the ChDKZ purchases them from arms dealers in great numbers.
- Insurgents lack the logistic infrastructure of a modern army, therefore the vehicles they use don't appear in great numbers and troops have only limited support, artillery is rather rare.
- Insurgents use mostly older Eastern combat vehicles captured from government forces. Hand-made camouflage spray-paint is often used on their vehicles.
- ChDKZ also uses various captured aircraft, but its deployment is limited to a small part of Chernarus, far from government air bases.
- Insurgents are organized into regional task forces, which are lead by and named after field warlords who are direct subordinates of „Akula" (Shark), supreme leader of ChDKZ.
InsurgentsInsurgents turned from armed civilians into a real army.
ArmorBRDM, BMP-2, T-72
Streaming video: DailyMotion.com HQ -ARMA II - separatists on the move!
IGN.com HQ - ArmA II PC Games Trailer - Freedom Trailer
Sevenload.com - ARMA II - separatists on the move!
Simtube.com - ARMA II - separatists on the move!
Vimeo.com - ARMA 2 - separatists on the move!
Youtube HQ - ARMA 2 - separatists on the move!
Video download: Windows Media Video 9, PAL (23,6 MB Zip)
MPEG 4 video, PAL (27 MB Zip)